Open Invited Track Proposal
November 15, 2021
Final Draft Submission Deadline
January 28, 2022
April 6, 2021
Final Manuscript Submission Deadline
April 30, 2022
Types of Contributions
Full contribution *
A six-page peer reviewed paper published through IFAC-PapersOnline.
Interactive short contribution
A two-page peer reviewed abstract with a 3 to 5 minutes interactive presentation.
A two-page peer reviewed abstract and presentation with at least one industrial author. Not published in IFAC- PapersOnline.
* Authors of selected papers presented at the IFAC MMM 2022 Symposium will be invited to submit a full paper for a special issue dedicated to the conference themes in one of the IFAC Journals (indexed in SCI, SCIE, Scopus and others, published at Sciencedirect). A full paper can only be considered for inclusion in this special issue if it is a sufficiently different/extended version of the conference paper. The submitted papers will undergo the normal rigorous review process for manuscripts submitted to the respective journal.
All submissions must be:
- written in English,
- prepared according to the IFAC Format,
- submitted in PDF format that complies with these requirements.
Invited sessions consist of 6 papers on a specific research subject. The proposal should include a title, an abstract and a detailed description of the topic, and the title, authors and abstracts of all contributions.
Open Invited Tracks
Open invited tracks have no upper limit on the number of papers. The proposal should include a title, an abstract and a detailed description of the topic.
- Widescreen display (16:9)
- Presenters must bring their own laptop
- 15 min + 5 min for questions
IFAC Young Author Award
To recognize the excellence of a paper presented during the IFAC MMM 2021, the IPC is pleased to invite nominations for the IFAC Young Author Award. This award aims to stimulate the involvement of young scientists and engineers in IFAC, as well as to recognize top-level contributions of the younger generation in our field and to support their careers.
To be eligible, the candidate must be:
- 30 years old at the time of event*;
- the first and presenting author.
The following guidelines apply:
- Nominations are typically made by supervisors or reviewers (No self-nomination)
- An award selection committee, appointed by the IPC chair, selects finalists, based on the nomination letters, the review reports, and the papers. Finalists are informed before the event.
- Nominations should be submitted through IFAC PaperCept website using the provided template before May 15, 2022.
* Motivated exemption requests on the age criterion to deal with any equity related circumstance will be considered.
Program to Support Developing Countries Young Authors’ Attendance at IFAC MMM 2022
The IFAC Foundation invites young authors who are giving papers at the IFAC MMM 2022 Symposium to apply for Developing Countries –Young Author Support consisting of waive of registration fees.
A person is eligible for support if the person meets all of the following criteria:
- The person must be an author of a technical paper which has been accepted at the Symposium.
- The person must not be a citizen of a high-income country/region and must not be affiliated to or supported by an institution in a high-income country/region. A list of high-income countries follows.
- The person must be younger than 30 years during the Symposium.
All publication material submitted for presentation at an IFAC-sponsored meeting (Congress, Symposium, Conference, Workshop) must be original and hence cannot be already published, nor can it be under review elsewhere. The authors take responsibility for the material that has been submitted. IFAC-sponsored conferences will abide by the highest standard of ethical behavior in the review process as explained on the Elsevier webpage, and the authors will abide by the IFAC publication ethics guidelines.
Accepted papers that have been presented at an IFAC meeting will be published in the proceedings of the event using the open-access IFAC- PapersOnLine series hosted on ScienceDirect. To this end, the author(s) must grant exclusive publishing rights to IFAC under a Creative Commons license when they submit the final version of the paper. The copyright belongs to the authors, who have the right to share the paper in the same terms allowed by the end user license, and retain all patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights (including research data).